This is a great dish that can be served with meat or eaten alone or with some delicious rice like a god Basmati Rice .
Add ingredients to taste:
- medium potatoes
- Assorted Vegetables like beans, green peas, broccoli, Courgettes, cauliflower, Capsicum
- Fresh coconut or Organic Coconut Cream
- Lemon Juice & rind
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- red chillies whole
- cumin seeds
- coriander seeds
- turmeric powder
- sea salt to taste
- mustard seeds
- ground masala
How to make mixed vegetables in coconut milk:
- Wash & dice the potatoes, carrot and pumpkin into small cubes. Cut the other veges slightly larger pieces.
- Add warm water to half of the coconut cream and put to one side. Dissolve lemon rind and juice in some water.
- Heat a little oil and sauté the whole red chillies, cumin, coriander, garlic and the remaining coconut till a nice aroma is given out. Grind into a fine paste.
- Boil the vegetables in the coconut milk with turmeric powder, lemon and salt till nearly done. Add the ground masala and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil separately and add the remaining red chillies broken into two and mustard seeds. Add this to the vegetables.
- Continue cooking the vegetables till done. Then add the thick coconut milk and simmer for two to three minutes.Serve hot with rice.